My photo
I give alligator hugs.

December 21, 2009

Moving from Hell to Hell

Recently I made quite a big decision to move across the country. 1400 miles to be exact. I was told by, let's say their names are Dick and Jane, that this new town, Covington, was a secret treasure. I was told that this town has so much to offer. And even more specifically that the neighborhood we were moving into was really amazing. I was told that the neighbors are all really nice people. In fact, Dick and Jane couldn't seem to stop talking about how amazing this town, this neighborhood, and this house was. My boyfriend and I were so excited and couldn't wait to pack up the moving truck and head up there.

Albuquerque was Hell. But my definition of Hell is probably different from most peoples. The meaning of Hell to me is not constant darkness and depression. If you are constantly depressed and only suspect shitty things to happen then you can't really be disappointed can you? It's normal for things to go wrong if you're already in constant shit. But, if your life seems to have at least one really good thing going for it, then one would probably have higher expectations for the rest of the aspects in their life and have greater disappointment, frustrations, and annoyances to deal with. So in my case in Albuquerque, I had a great family, and a great boyfriend. My friends were so-so, typical flakes. And I had no job, and I was constantly harassed from people from my past. Voila: Hell. Why couldn't everything else just fall into place? Because in Hell they tease you with a few good things and a few really SHITTY things.

And where did I move to? Hell. Seriously can nothing go right for five minutes? I was cheated. Shawn and I were cheated and lied to. Dick and Jane sugar coated the fuck out of this town, this neighborhood, and this house. Lets start with the town shall we. Covington, home of chain smokers, boozers, bed bug freaks, liquor stores, chili hot spots, and lots of crack and meth. Our street: foreclosed empty boarded up houses, to the right of us is two cranky old white people who NEVER leave their house, to the left of us is an apartment complex full of prostitutes, and behind us is a crack motel. Did I mention there is an alley right next to the house that leads to a ghetto grocery store that has 24/7 surveillance by REAL cops. Did I mention that the whole goddamn town walks through this alleyway talking to themselves and throwing their trash in OUR yard? Did I mention the drug dealers? Did I mention that every single day ALL day long people drive down the street and honk their horns for their whores? I'm not really sure how one would even glorify this neighborhood, it's straight up GHETTO.

The house isn't even a problem, except for the fact that is really nowhere to put any of our stuff. The real problem, for me, is Dick and Jane. Because why would two normal people fail to mention the prostitutes, drug dealers, and crack motel? Why would anyone in their right mind think Covington is awesome? Oh and they also told us that there were "so many awesome thrift stores here," so far every single one has sucked.

I don't regret moving, it just sucks that my roommates are probably insane and that we probably live next to a meth house. Because that's what hell is. It's fucking Dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment